"Vác, a lovely, pleasant baroque town near Budapest" Vac by 1courage
Vac Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 106 photos
I studied in Vác for 5 years, and I consider this charming old town one of the most beautiful places in Hungary. I hope that one day I shall come here to live.
For me Vác represents the perfect town.
I don`t understand, why the tourists prefer Szentendre (also very cute, see my page) to make a daytrip, for me is beyond every doubt that Vác can offer much more.
So, if you visit Budapest and you have a free day, I recomend you to take a visit here. You won`t regret it, i garantee it to you.
The late baroque-pre-classical cathedral was built between 1761 and 1772. The internal decoration, made mostly by the world famous painter, Franz Anton Maulbertsch, was finished in 1777.
From the promenade of the Danube shore you can see the magnificent view of the Holy Cross church
- Pros:Baroque innercity, the Danube shore, restaurants and much more...
- Cons:None, really!
- In a nutshell:A beautiful and very friendly town-ideal daytrip from Budapest
As you could see in the previous tips, in Vác there are lots of churches. Here are two other churches. I could never... more travel advice
The streets in Vác, especially in summer is very pleasant. These streets are all environed by trees and little... more travel advice
1courage's Related Pages
Vac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vác, a lovely, pleasant baroque town near Budapest"
- "Vác, a nice town on the Danube Bend"
- "Vác - the undiscovered part of Bend of Danube"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vac
- 26 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Vac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vac
Photos in VacSee All Photos (101)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 278 reviews, 1314 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veszprem Intro, 37 reviews, 151 photos
- Vac Intro, 26 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tihany Intro, 18 reviews, 88 photos
- Gyor Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Szekesfehervar Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 photos
- Florence Intro, 3 photos
- Prague Intro, 3 photos
- Geneva Intro, 3 photos