"Várpalota-nice little town" Varpalota by 1courage
Varpalota Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Várpalota is right at half way between Székesfehérvár and Veszprém.
If we pass nerby, we used to stop to visit the centre of the town, and the medieval Thury castle wich isn`t very big, but it`s in fine shape.
The town`s name derives from the composition of 2 words: Vár means castle, while palota means Palace
I like also the churches of Várpalota. They are simple, but very cute!
This church can be found on the opposite side of the Castle. Unfortunately it`s never open
- Pros:Nice Castle, churches and mansion
- Cons:Not too much else to see...
- In a nutshell:Well worths a visit if you`re nearby
1courage's Related Pages
Varpalota Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Varpalota
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Varpalota?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Varpalota
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 278 reviews, 1314 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veszprem Intro, 37 reviews, 151 photos
- Vac Intro, 26 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tihany Intro, 18 reviews, 88 photos
- Gyor Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Szekesfehervar Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 photos
- Florence Intro, 3 photos
- Prague Intro, 3 photos
- Geneva Intro, 3 photos