"Veszprém-Simply amazing!" Top 5 Page for this destination Veszprem by 1courage
Veszprem Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 218 photos
I visit the beautiful city of Veszprém every single year with family, friends, sometimes alone. This place is surely one of my favourites in my country! It has a very old and fanscinating history, fantastic architectual partimony and the inhabitants are really very friendly. I spend weeks during the summers at the lake Balaton and our house in Balatonfüred is quite close to Veszprém: only 20 kilometres away. Once there I can`t wait to take the bus at the Railway station of Balatonfüred wich in 25 minutes arrives to the city centre of Veszprém. If You spend a week at the lake Balaton but the weather is not very good for swimming and sunbathing a visit here is a very good choice.
Wellcome to my virtual tour to Veszprém, the city of the queens!
The Heroes Gate. You can enter the Castle going through this gate, in wich btw. you can find the Castle Museum.
In the prospects, advertisements this double sculpture symbolize Veszprém: it represents the first Hungarian King, Saint István (Stephen) and his wife, the bavarian Gizella.
- Pros:Beautiful castle and town centre!
- Cons:Quite hilly. It could be very tiresome walking hours by foot.
- In a nutshell:One of Hungary`s highlights!
Be very careful while taking photos and watching the views from the Cross on the Castle hill. There are absolutely no... more travel advice
Once you arrived to the valley you will see the Séd creek and to a very beautiful park. Get around the castle cliff (the... more travel advice
1courage's Related Pages
Veszprem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Veszprém-Simply amazing!"
- "Veszprem - An appealing Hungarian town"
- "My Time In Veszprem"
- "Veszprem (?? km from Balaton lake)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Veszprem
- Hotels in Veszprem
- Transportation in Veszprem
- Nightlife in Veszprem
- Restaurants in Veszprem
- Warnings and Dangers in Veszprem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Veszprem
- 37 Reviews
- 151 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Veszprem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Veszprem
- Posted in Travel Budapest Forum "Re: Smoking"
- Commented on one of Redang's Veszprem travel pages
- updated a Veszprem Travel Page "Veszprém-Simply amazing!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Veszprém castle-the street and the Main Gate"
- Wrote a Review Be very cautious at the Cross! in Veszprem Warnings and Dangers
Photos in VeszpremSee All Photos (151)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 278 reviews, 1314 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veszprem Intro, 37 reviews, 151 photos
- Vac Intro, 26 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tihany Intro, 18 reviews, 88 photos
- Gyor Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Szekesfehervar Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 photos
- Florence Intro, 3 photos
- Prague Intro, 3 photos
- Geneva Intro, 3 photos