"Wellcome to my Pages!" 1courage's Profile

Budapest, the place where I live

I was born in Budapest. I think, that I`m lucky to live in a so beautiful place. Nontheless, at the same time I`m also very critical with my home city.
I travelled a lot, I lived 3 years in Rome (what an incredible beauty that city has!), but I think that I start with pages about my own country wich obviously I know much better.
I hope that you will enjoy my pages, and I`m trusty that I can give you some good advices, tips wich could help you to enjoy your stay, if you decide to visit my country.

Budapest by night

Don`t miss to admire Budapest by night. From the different points of the city, (for example from the Gellért Hill, the Fishermen`s bastion, from the Royal Palace, or from the Cupola of the Saint Stephen`s Basilica) you can have stunning views and great photo taking opportunities. This photo was taken from the Margareth bridge.

The Chain Bridge (Széchenyi Lánczhíd)

The famous Chain Bridge from the Funicular. You can see the Gresham palace , and the saint Stephen`s Basilica behind it.

The Royal Palace from the Pest side

I`m sure that if any professional photographer saw this photo, he would certainly say that it`s quite bad. In fact, usually it`s not such a good idea taking photos against the sun. Still I must admit, that this is one of my favourite photos of all the others I`ve ever taken. It has a special feeling, hasn`t it?:))

• Intro Updated Feb 7, 2008

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Happy Birthday Istvan! I'm a day late...sorry my dear friend. I hope you and the family had a wonderful time celebrating together.

• 1courage's Profile Photo
      Aug 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Oh, hi, what a luck that after motnhs I decided to come backe here to see VT. Thank you very much! It has been a long time that we didn't speak. Well, actually I'm quite busy. I work in a 5 stars Hotel in the Conferences departement and I have also my family as well to take care of. I have finished the Geneva Hotel School and I get my diplome in october. I have just returned from Budapest (now I live in Geneva Switzerland) alone- my wife and Anna are still there (the lucky ones:) ). It was so amazing-I miss my city so much! Budpest is becoming really a tourist paradise. And I miss our sightseeing as well-what a day it was, right?
      Well, what are your news? Still traveling a lot?

Aug 5, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Congratulations on your schooling. I'm glad your will be back to your lovely city of Budapest soon. It was the best time in Budapest getting escorted by you through the city...such fun! Been very busy this year travel wise with more to come. My Dad died in December so we are still dealing with that and making sure my Mom is taken care of. Send me some picture of the family...its' been some time since I saw the little one.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

Jul 31, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Happy Birthday Istvan!

• 1courage's Profile Photo
      Aug 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Well, thanx Chris, but this time I spent my BD working in the Hotel, while my family was in Hungary... I had to come back to Geneva, because I had to work. Well, I have at least prepared a delicious sour cherry-chocolate cake for my colleagues, but there was no candle on it :)

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Sorry the family wasn't with you but sour chocolate cherry cake sounds like a good Birthday.

Jul 31, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Happy Birthday Istvan! Hope all is well with the family!

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Happy birthdaY!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2012 at 7:56 PM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Hope you have more travellings and more VT sharings in the coming years.

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Tantissimi auguri di Buon Compleanno dal Kennedy Space Center, Florida!!

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I am over the moon happy about your upcoming marriage! You deserve all the happiness and love in the world!

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Buon compleanno, István! Spero che tu stia passando una bella giornata!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!