"Schaffhausen" Schaffhausen by VDElvis
Schaffhausen Travel Guide: 173 reviews and 606 photos
A nice little town right on the German border, Schaffhausen would make a good day trip from nearby cities like Zurich or Konstanz. There is a nice downtown with a number of renaissance-era buildings, and it is just a short train ride (or 45 minute - 1 hour walk) from the Rheinfall, Europe's largest waterfall.
The Munot is a 16th century fortification on the hill overlooking the town. Surrounded by vineyards, the Munot gives not only a look at a 500 year old castle, but also the best view of the city and the Rhine river below.
VDElvis' Related Pages
Schaffhausen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In searching for waterfalls on the Rhine"
- "Schaffhausen, the Rhine Falls, and a VT Meeting"
- "A NATURE WONDER"
- "Schaffhausen - A little look into Switzerland"
- "Schaffhausen and Rheinfalls"
- "Rhine Falls, near the town of Schaffhausen"
- "Schaffhausen and the Rhine Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schaffhausen
- Hotels in Schaffhausen
- Transportation in Schaffhausen
- Nightlife in Schaffhausen
- Restaurants in Schaffhausen
- Shopping in Schaffhausen
- Warnings and Dangers in Schaffhausen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schaffhausen
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Schaffhausen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schaffhausen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos
- Bern Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Lausanne Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- New York City Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 12 reviews, 2 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.