"Rongphu Monastery and Everest Base Camp" Rongpu Si by nattybabe
Rongpu Si Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 54 photos
Rongphu is the monastery area nestled on the base of Mount Everest. The altitude is extremely high (5000m+) and the views beyond description. It is a very long drive from Sakya (9 hours) but the views more than compensate for it and you will go over numerous prayer flag covered passes.
The experience of going to one of the highest monasteries in the world as well as to Everest Base camp is mind boggling. You will certainly know you're alive!!
It is possible to get to base camp from Tent City via a horse and cart. It's incredibly touristy, but if you're affected... more travel advice
We had the opportunity to stay at the Rongphu Monastery accomodations. It is dorm style with 3 or 4 beds in a room with... more travel advice
nattybabe's Related Pages
Rongpu Si Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rongphu Monastery and Everest Base Camp"
- "Rongpuk, Rongpu, Rongbuk or Rongphu. Any others?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rongpu Si
- Hotels in Rongpu Si
- Transportation in Rongpu Si
- Warnings and Dangers in Rongpu Si
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rongpu Si
- 7 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Rongpu Si?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rongpu Si
Photos in Rongpu SiSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 22 reviews, 82 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos
- Lhasa Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos
- Beijing Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Chitwan Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos
- Cusco Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos
No friends yet.