"The Jungle!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Maldonado by nattybabe
Puerto Maldonado Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 197 photos
I have to say that I was extremely impressed by the greatness of the Amazon jungle. As you fly from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado you pass amazing mountains and then nothing but the green of the trees and the blue of the rivers.
Puerto Maldonado is a fantastic little town which serves as a starting point for the tours in the region. It has many little shops and even a couple of nightclubs - definitely not expected in the jungle.
There are many hotels in the town itself, but most tourists will only stay one night (if at all) in the town and head for a lodge down the river and into the jungle.
Mostly, you have to drive from the town for a couple of hours (or you can get a boat the whole way) to reach a landing spot where you start you boat journey to your lodge. It took us around 4 hours to get to ours as we were the furthest down, but you can reach a lodge in around 2 hours depending on which you stay in.
Most lodges will give you local jungle food (try it, it's good!!) and also lead you on walks, boat trips, nature watching and night explorations that will leave you breathless.
I will never be the same after my experience of the Amazon jungle. If you ever have a chance to go, I'd highly recommend it!!
- Pros:Fantastic people and amazing scenery. Wow....
- Cons:Bugs, Bugs and more bugs!!
- In a nutshell:Experience the wonder of the Amazon!!
From Puerto Maldanado travel for twenty minutes on the Madre de Dios River, to the access trail to Lake Sandoval, a... more travel advice
Although rare we arrived in Puerto Maldanado as the “freo” (cold front) set in. Imagine a plane full of people arriving... more travel advice
nattybabe's Related Pages
Puerto Maldonado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Jungle!!"
- "Back to the good time young"
- "From the Andes to the plain Jungle"
- "Puerto Maldonado Amazing!!!!!"
- "en route to Corto Maltes"
- "Reserva Tambopata - Lago Sandoval"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Maldonado
- Hotels in Puerto Maldonado
- Transportation in Puerto Maldonado
- Nightlife in Puerto Maldonado
- Restaurants in Puerto Maldonado
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Maldonado
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Maldonado
- 10 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Puerto Maldonado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Maldonado
Photos in Puerto MaldonadoSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 22 reviews, 82 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos
- Lhasa Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos
- Beijing Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Chitwan Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos
- Cusco Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos
No friends yet.