"Royal Chitwan National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Chitwan by nattybabe

Royal Chitwan Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 431 photos

I decided to go to Chitwan National Park as something completely different from the rest of my trip to China and Tibet. It certainly was! After being in the mountains for so long a bit of 40 degree, 100% humidity in the jungle was just what I was after.

It is a peaceful place with none of the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu. The only traffic you need worry about on the main road is whether an Elephant is coming!

I went during the hot season which is low tourist season and just before monsoon. This is good and bad in that you can relaxing without hoards of crowds but it's just way too hot to be outside without feeling like your skin's going to melt off.

All in all, Chitwan's an amazing place to visit but I'd recommend more than the 2 days that I had. If you want to really relax, consider going for at least 3 - 4 days so you're not rushed through a sight seeing program and have time to yourself.

Previous stop: Kathmandu

Aug 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Nice page!

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Nice page. So you had the taste of Local buses of Nepal!

• tushark's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Excellent photographs Natalie ! I miss chitwan !(I am from India!)

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2010 at 4:48 AM

Hello Natalie, this is an excellent Chitwan page. It is many years since I was there. Hope I can return some day. fergy.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2009 at 10:22 PM

What an adventure. I was in Kathmandu but did not have time to go south to Chitwan National Park. Must be amazing to ride on elephants and seeing the rhinos. Thanks for sharing your great trip there. Cheers from Penang, SL :)

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2007 at 6:57 AM

great page!

Badges & Stats in Royal Chitwan

Have you been to Royal Chitwan?

Latest Activity in Royal Chitwan