Suriname Local Custom Tips by Valeggua Top 5 Page for this destination
Suriname Local Customs: 20 reviews and 18 photos
It's hard to find a typical light European breakfast in Surinam.
The locals are used to have "heavy" meals at breakfast, lunch AND diner like bread with currychicken, or even fried rice or noodles.
The drinks (also juices) are made with lots of sugar. Very tastfull, but dangerous for us who want to pay attention to our weight ;)
BTW this is probably the cause of high prevalence of diabetes in Surinam...
Surinam people are used to take off there shoes before entering there house
Surinam traffic is left (the english way)
More Reviews (38)
- See All National Holidays
- See All Maretraite Mall
- See All Casino's
- See All Mcdonalds
Valeggua's Related Pages
Suriname Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "6 months Beautiful Surinam"
- "ATLC's roots in Suriname"
- "Suriname, lots of green."
- "Talking Dutch far away"
- "A Trip to my neighbouring Country SURINAME"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suriname
- Hotels in Suriname
- Transportation in Suriname
- Nightlife in Suriname
- Restaurants in Suriname
- Shopping in Suriname
- Warnings and Dangers in Suriname
- See All...
Explore the World
- Catterick Hotels
- Kiptopeke Hotels
- Simla Hotels
- Monte Gordo
- Hamburg Hotels
- Province of Bohol
Badges & Stats in Suriname
- 41 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Suriname?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suriname
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suriname Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Uruguay Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dordrecht Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Havana Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Curaçao Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Belgium Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos