"6 months Beautiful Surinam" Top 5 Page for this destination Suriname by Valeggua
Suriname Travel Guide: 353 reviews and 1,086 photos
My study gave me the oppurtunity to work in Surinam for 6 months.
It was a most wonderfull experience and adventure.
The beauty of this country has a big variety:
-In the city you can see Dutch colonial architecture,
-In the wild interior you can really experience the Amazone riddled with beautiful rivers, waterfalls and wildlife.
-At the coast you can see giant sea turtles come ashore to nest.
And there is much more.
The Surinam people are very friendly. There's a big ethnic diversity: Creole, Hindustan, Indian, White, Chinese and Indonesian people live together in harmony (wich makes a very good Surinam cuisine!!!)
I would recommand any traveller to visit!
-Interior of Surinam
I made a 6-day trip trough the wild interior of Surinam.
All that mother earth energy gave me a positive boost of livespirit !!
-Day1: We drove by bus to Atjoni and sailed to the holiday island Isadou.
-Day2: From Isadou for 4 hours to an island where we set up our camp.
-Day3: From our camp we sailed all the way to the heart of Surinam, up to the Gran Dan. It was an unrealistic experience
-Day4: We sailed back and made stops at the Saramaccan villages Djumu, Kumalu and Pikin Slee. Here we visited the local Saramaccans, their schools and houses
-Day5: We relaxed whole day at our holiday island Isadou
-Day6: The long trip back by canoe and bus
%-Nature reservate Brownsberg
100% Flora and Fauna! (full of monkeys)
Turtle spotting at the coast of the Atlantic Ocean
The capital city with many colonial (run down) buildings is listed as a Unesco World Heritage.
- Pros:many oppurtunities for travel, friendly people, good food
- Cons:not for shopping, expensive trips if booked by booking offices
- In a nutshell:Exotic Surinam has many faces!
When visiting Suriname, it's good to knwo wich holidays you'll experience. All holidays are celebrated ery big with lots... more travel advice
New casino's in Surinam owned by Turkish people. Very nice and cheap to gamble, oppurtunities for eating (buffets and... more travel advice
Valeggua's Related Pages
Suriname Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "6 months Beautiful Surinam"
- "ATLC's roots in Suriname"
- "Suriname, lots of green."
- "Talking Dutch far away"
- "A Trip to my neighbouring Country SURINAME"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suriname
- Hotels in Suriname
- Transportation in Suriname
- Nightlife in Suriname
- Restaurants in Suriname
- Shopping in Suriname
- Warnings and Dangers in Suriname
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Suriname
- 41 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Suriname?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suriname
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suriname Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Uruguay Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 23 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dordrecht Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Havana Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Curaçao Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Belgium Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Suriname hotels
- Paramaribo Hotels
- 81 Reviews - 180 Photos