"Yosemite N. P." Yosemite National Park by DJMist

Yosemite National Park Travel Guide: 1,510 reviews and 3,484 photos

Quite simply the most amazingly beautiful place I have ever been. I don’t really know what else to say about Yosemite. Maybe if I were poetic in any way I could describe it the grandeur better but I will leave it that. We spent three days in Yosemite on a part of a tour of the west. We camped, not in the park, but in a campground in nearby Mariposa. The campgrounds were impressive as well but we spent most of our waking time in the park. It’s amazing what ice has done to rock – leaving sheer cliffs and quirky formations on a scale that cannot be fathomed from pictures alone. It is hard not to feel humbled in a place like Yosemite. I image that if God occupies space as we know it, he probably resides atop Half Dome looking down at the green valley floor below.

There is so much hiking to do. We took the trek to the top of Vernal Falls one day and a circuit around the valley floor another. I would like to take the overnight hike to the top of Half Dome one day as well. There were a lot of people in the park when we were there (June=high season) but the valley is a mile wide and 12 miles long and the walls open up to an infinite universe. I don’t think one would ever feel crowded out here.

I would recommend Yosemite National Park to anyone and it is a must for Americans.

Check out our other Yosemite pictures on my travel logues Yosemite N.P. and Yosemite N.P II

• Last visit to Yosemite National Park: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2007

Comments

DJMist

“Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the Sun every year.”

Badges & Stats in Yosemite National Park

Have you been to Yosemite National Park?

Latest Activity in Yosemite National Park