"A Drive around the Resadiye Peninsula" Mugla Ili by SurfaceTravel
Mugla Ili Travel Guide: 2,548 reviews and 5,716 photos
The ferry from Bodrum only leaves once a day to the Resadiye Peninsula in the evening, and returns once a day early in the morning. This means that to circumnavigate the Gulf of Gökova starting from Bodrum in either direction you are forced to spend a night on the peninsula, and that means in the town of Datça. We managed to find the worst hotel of all there and so left again very early the next morning for our driving tour.
We had the peninsula practically to ourselves. The road is a pleasant windy narrow lane, with various side detours on very rough gravel roads. This was the most scenic driving of the trip. We drove to the extreme west end to the ancient port city of Knidos (400 BC - AD 700) and spent some time walking around there. See the tip and the attached travelogue for photos and a detailed history of Knidos.
We then headed back to Bodrum, going east to the base of the peninsula where we stopped for a break at a picturesque gravel beach, Sedir Adasi (Cleopatra's Island). From there we headed back west along small rough gravel roads following the shore of the Gulf of Gökova. Back in Bodrum we returned the rental car for good at a local branch.
- In a nutshell:The best driving in Turkey
SurfaceTravel's Related Pages
Mugla Ili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kabak Valley"
- "A Drive around the Resadiye Peninsula"
- "GOKOVA Combination of Blue & Green"
- "My living Palace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mugla Ili
- Hotels in Mugla Ili
- Transportation in Mugla Ili
- Nightlife in Mugla Ili
- Restaurants in Mugla Ili
- Shopping in Mugla Ili
- Warnings and Dangers in Mugla Ili
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mugla Ili
- 2 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Mugla Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mugla Ili
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nevsehir Ili Intro, 3 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ha Long Intro, 1 review, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bermuda Intro, 3 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
No friends yet.