"Bordering Laos and Vietnam" Lao Bao by SurfaceTravel
Lao Bao Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos
This is the town right on the border of Vietnam and Laos. Its latitude is roughly in line with Savannakhet in Laos to the West and Dong Ha in Vietnam to the east. There isn't much here other than aggressive money changers and moto-taxi drivers.
We arrived on the Laos side by bus from Savannakhet (10 hours), took moto-taxis to the border, emigrated Laos, walked across the no-man's land (pictured), immigrated into Vietnam, took another set of moto-taxis to some bus stop clearing, and took a sort of jeep-bus down to Dong Ha, although we thought and were told that we were going to Hué.
This was part of an overland trip from Penang, Malaysia to Hanoi, Vietnam.
Overland trip in VT
Full details at Surface Travel, Phase I.
SurfaceTravel's Related Pages
Lao Bao Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lao Bao
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lao Bao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lao Bao
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nevsehir Ili Intro, 3 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ha Long Intro, 1 review, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bermuda Intro, 3 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
No friends yet.