"A few days in County Down" Down by SurfaceTravel
Down Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 86 photos
We went to a wedding at Castle Ward in Strangford. We drove in from Belfast, this being the tail end of a driving trip around the island of Ireland. We came down the outer coast to Portaferry, stopping at a nice large beach near Ballywalter along the way. We took the Portaferry ferry across to Strangford, briefly met the wedding party, and went on to our bed & breakfast (see the tip) near Killyleagh, where we stayed for a couple of nights. We attended the wedding in Strangford and drove around the area.
We then drove back to Belfast via the Mourne Mountains and back roads all the way.
See the attached travelogue for more photos.
SurfaceTravel's Related Pages
Down Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Down
- Hotels in Down
- Nightlife in Down
- Restaurants in Down
- Warnings and Dangers in Down
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Down
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Down?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Down
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nevsehir Ili Intro, 3 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ha Long Intro, 1 review, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bermuda Intro, 3 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
No friends yet.