"Surface Travel" SurfaceTravel's Profile

The most interesting way to travel is on the surface of the planet. You see more, experience more, have more time to take in and enjoy what's around you, and have more sedate transitions from one location to the next.

I'm not afraid of airplanes and have to use them frequently, as I do not have the time, most of the time, to use surface travel to get to my desired locations, as long as I have a career to tend to. Unfortunately a lot of my travel pages do involve airplane travel, mainly the family trips. I don't have enough spare time to be a purist.

I have not created pages of places I visited as a child or young adult. Those photos are old and not yet scanned in, and any tips would be so old as to be irrelevant. The exception is a few country place-holder pages (gotta keep that country count up!).

The main long distance trips using surface travel only are on my Asia page, with more details at Surface Travel.

I have traveled, going to a destination rather than tooling around, on the surface by the vehicles shown in the photos that include:

=> car

=> cablecar

• Intro Updated Oct 13, 2006

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2011 at 11:18 PM

What a kick your home page is! If it wasn't for the fact that I was married to a pilot and I am not a great swimmer I'd travel my land too.

• KidRock's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Great pages - very, very interesting & great photos!

• BIW's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Thnx for succinct answer in forum. Always nice to hear from someone who appreciates land travel. Your photo on front page is hilarious! (shoe in boat).

• Sep 4, 2011 at 9:12 PM

so nice

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Interesting site! I like that mode of travel as well. I'm going to add you to my friends list as a book mark.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2007 at 11:48 AM

I also like surface travel best! But I can't or couldn't always do it. Keep up the good work :))

• poons's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 11:54 AM

W.O.W.. You have such amazing pages, and fantastic travel stories. I hope to do a bit of surface travel soon. Will be visiting your pages time and time again that's for sure :o) Warm regards to you from Poons

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 8:37 PM

I hope you enjoy your travels in Turkey. I spent many months there and wish to go back!

• Canguy's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Thanks for your suggestions to my questions on Bali forum. Your pages are awesome. Amazing pictures too.

• jamesywilson's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 1:49 AM

cheers 4reply. im put off Bali due to tourist overcrowding & theft. but intrigued by your Bali jeep trip. do you think Bali can provide relaxing beaches &parts to travel to? Do you know anything about travelling from Jakarta to other interesting places?

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!