"Surface Travel" SurfaceTravel's Profile
The most interesting way to travel is on the surface of the planet. You see more, experience more, have more time to take in and enjoy what's around you, and have more sedate transitions from one location to the next.
I'm not afraid of airplanes and have to use them frequently, as I do not have the time, most of the time, to use surface travel to get to my desired locations, as long as I have a career to tend to. Unfortunately a lot of my travel pages do involve airplane travel, mainly the family trips. I don't have enough spare time to be a purist.
I have not created pages of places I visited as a child or young adult. Those photos are old and not yet scanned in, and any tips would be so old as to be irrelevant. The exception is a few country place-holder pages (gotta keep that country count up!).
The main long distance trips using surface travel only are on my Asia page, with more details at Surface Travel.
I have traveled, going to a destination rather than tooling around, on the surface by the vehicles shown in the photos that include:
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 302 Reviews
- 1,490 Photos
- 30 Countries
- 102 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: Touristic sights tickets in..."
- updated a United Kingdom Travel Page "Trips in and around Britain"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Drive around Cornwall - Summer Long Weekend"
- Wrote a Review Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden in Saint Ives Things to Do
- Commented on SurfaceTravel's tips
- Uploaded a Video to Greenwich
updated their Profile Page "Surface Travel"
PhotosSee All Photos (1490)
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nevsehir Ili Intro, 3 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ha Long Intro, 1 review, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bermuda Intro, 3 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
No friends yet.