"Lighthouse hunting!!" Amelia Island by Mrslady622
Amelia Island Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 211 photos
The ride to Amelia Island was so beautiful. We came over on the ferry from NAS Mayport and were able to see the river and the all the fishing boats. The ferry was very inexpensive only about $3 and made for some great pictures. The time of year we came was great because the jelly fish were everywhere you could look down in the water and see huge schools of them swimming together. (Nice to look but wouldn't want to fall overboard ;0) The trip into town was beautiful coastal views the entire way was small bridges, marsh land and of course water everywhere you turn.
I am a lighthouse stalker. I love these beautiful old reminders of a proud history that you can find anywhere in the world. I make it my mission to seek out lighthouses and try to tour them. I did find this one which was built for tourists I believe in that there are condos in it that you can actually rent out for your stay. Still looking for the 'real' Amelia Island Lighthouse.
I never actually found this one. I did get some interesting information this one is one of the few privately owned lighthouses on the east coast of the unites states and it is NOT open to the public ;0(
Not real thrilled about that but I was able to locate this picture for you viewing pleasure.
- Pros:Amelia Island was absolutely beautiful.
- Cons:Nothing here costs close to what is does anywhere else.
- In a nutshell:Make it a day trip, see the sights, take some pics and stay somewhere else.
Mrslady622's Related Pages
Amelia Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Northernmost Florida"
- "More than just beaches, golf and resorts"
- "Amazing Amelia Island....Atlantic jewel"
- "Amelia Island"
- "Amelia Island & Fernandina Beach, Florida"
- "Lighthouse hunting!!"
- "OMNI AMELIA ISLAND PLANTATION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amelia Island
- Hotels in Amelia Island
- Transportation in Amelia Island
- Restaurants in Amelia Island
- Shopping in Amelia Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Amelia Island
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Amelia Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amelia Island
Photos in Amelia IslandSee All Photos (3)
- West Jacksonville Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Amelia Island Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Oakridge Intro, 1 review, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atlantic City 1 review
No friends yet.
Latest Amelia Island hotel reviews