"Burrel - Stay away" Burrel by robkahuna

Burrel Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 6 photos

Lost in Albania

After a horrible night spent in the back of a land rover defender camping in town-centre Durres, we decided to move up the coast to Shkoder. An hour of atrocious Albanian driving brought us to the middle of nowhere, where the road forked. Stupidly, I asked a passing Albanian tramp for directions. He smiled at me, and said right. Presumably the only english word he knew was right, as it was the wrong way. This is the only reason why we went to Burrel. Sheer bad luck.

• Pros:You will be delighted to reach Burrel as it will make you feel lucky to have survived the mountain roads getting there
  • In a nutshell:Grim, grim grim
  • Last visit to Burrel: Jul 2006
  • Intro Written Aug 22, 2006

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2007 at 5:43 AM

I was already thinking about going to Burrel and Milot on my next travel to Kruje. Your page tells me that it is exactly the kind of place and road I am looking for ! Thanks for sharing!

• Oct 30, 2006 at 5:18 AM

I'm English& my partner is from here.Gran Canaria mountains I found just as scary as any mountains are to drive around.The people are v.caring&warm&welcomed me with open arms!&the mountains &water below is so blue its beautiful&I did swim there!

• Oct 24, 2006 at 1:04 AM

I think u r exaggerating with ur tips. Maybe u had bad experiences and the road u took to Burrel isn't the normal one. But what i cant (under-)stand is what u write about the local customs. I dont know if i have to anger or to laugh. i better laugh!

robkahuna