"The Jewels of Hong Kong" Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong by gloopgloop

Hong Kong Travel Guide: 8,387 reviews and 20,382 photos

In a Nutshell

I have been going to Hong Kong on and off for the past 18 years. I'm quite lucky in that I have relatives living here.

To tell you the truth I actually hated Hong Kong when I first came off way back in 1994, but since then I have grown to love this great big lovely city :)

Old and new

Where in the world can you see the old and new transforming before your every eyes.

• Pros:the public transport
  • Cons:The mossies, the crowds and noise/traffic pollution
  • In a nutshell:It is a city full of life and soul!
  • Last visit to Hong Kong: Jan 2012
  • Intro Updated Apr 18, 2012

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Great page

• unaS's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Some really great tips here, many thanks. Are most of them still accurate? I mean you did write them a few years ago.

• Jul 24, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Such a great guide! Thanks so much!

• Penelope4's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Thank you very much for the transportation tips!

• bluemerry's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Your page is very useful because you have included the MTR station and the direction as well! I'm going to HK for the first time at the end of this month and I'm very excited. Thanks!

• mr.shah's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2008 at 2:28 AM

Dear your information is quite useful i need some more guide if you can give as i am going for the first time staying in regal hongkong hotel thanks, shah.

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2008 at 6:18 AM

Your HP popped up. If I don't, I don't, If I do, I do,so I did open your HP.You have nice HK pics and useful tips. Have a good day.

• Milagritos's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Thanks for your tips gloopgloop. I will be travelling next month and it is nice to have so many tips.

• Feb 19, 2008 at 4:52 AM

Hong Kong is one of my favorite cities in the world. Check my homepage. volopolo

• Jan 14, 2008 at 10:47 PM

are you meant to actually do this stuff or do people just get annoyed if you try to be a local. i usually just smile and say thankyou a lot...

gloopgloop Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Hong Kong

Have you been to Hong Kong?

Latest Activity in Hong Kong