"Boise, Idaho in the summertime" Boise by Nor_Cal_Brad
Boise Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 233 photos
I visited Boise this summer, and it's HOT there. The locals told me that it was even hotter in July, but when I was there in August the daytime highs were always around 99 F, with the heat lasting until about 9 pm. The one saving grace is that it's a dry heat. If it were humid there, it would have been unbearable.
There are tons of things to do outside in Boise, even thought it's ridiculously hot outdoors. You can go white water rafting, head out to the lake for boating and camping, float down the Boise river, ride bikes through the miles of trails along the greenbelt, go downtown for Alive After 5, etc...
Downtown Boise is pretty cool. Most of the bars and nightlife are located here. If you're in downtown Boise on a Friday or Saturday night, go try a fried potato sandwich from the street vendor. It's a fried potato in a hot dog bun, with any of the available toppings you would normally associate with hot dogs: chili, cheese, mustard, mayo, ketchup, etc... I didn't get a chance to try one while I was there, but I won't miss out a second time!
- Pros:good outdoor activities, a friend lives here
- Cons:HOT in summer, COLD in winter, far away from California
- In a nutshell:Come to Boise for the potatoes, stay for Boise State football!
Nor_Cal_Brad's Related Pages
Boise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boise...City of trees according to the French."
- "My Home Away From Home"
- "Capitol with Emerging Identity"
- "Boise, Idaho.. more than potatos..."
- "Boise Idaho"
- "A Quick Trip to Boise"
- "Boise - Idaho's "Primate City""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boise
- Hotels in Boise
- Transportation in Boise
- Nightlife in Boise
- Restaurants in Boise
- Shopping in Boise
- Warnings and Dangers in Boise
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Boise
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Boise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boise
Photos in BoiseSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- San Luis Obispo Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Prague Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phoenix Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oakland Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Boise hotel reviews
- Doubletree Hotel Boise Riverside
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- The Grove Hotel
- 147 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- AmeriTel Inn Boise Towne Square
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- Red Lion Boise Downtowner
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013
- Doubletree Club Boise
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2012
- Anniversary Inn Boise
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown
- 209 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 6, 2013
- Holiday Inn Boise Airport
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Hotel 43
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Cambria Suites
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- J.J. Shaw House Bed and Breakfast Inn
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 8, 2010
- Best Western Vista Inn at the Airport
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013