"Live life with joy.." Eraldi's Profile
One of the most difficult answers I have always found difficult to answer is talk about yourself, and the reason for that is very simple. The "self" always changes and the moment you think you have just grasped its form, it very quickly changes in another fluid shape, which you know is you but have no idea how to describe it...
The place where we all come from plays an important role in shaping our identity, therefore I will say a few words on my motherland. Well, I am born in Tirana, the capital of Albania (Shqipëria - The Land of Eagles) a country in the Western Balkans, with a long history and traditions, which is now striving to build its future and promote its real values to the world.
From 1944 up to the 1991 the country has been one of the most isolated places in the world under the regime of Enver Hoxha, who died in 1985. but since then the country is now a constitutional democracy and is gradually opening up; more tourists are coming and natives on the other hand have more opportunities to travel and see places.
I would like to quote Tony Hiller, a co-founder of Lonely Planet,in one of his recent articles onthe country: ["What country has Roman and Greek ruins, a stretch of Mediterranean coast yet to be discovered by international tourism, a beautiful old mountain town with UNESCO World Heritage status, good food, wine and beer, a buzzing entertainment district in the capital city and an international airport named after the world's most famous nun?
Give up? It's Albania....]
So, I would invite all of you to visit the country and discover it by yourself!
Me and my wife Artemida met in high-school and married in November 2003. We love road trips and visiting places. We both believe that this is the best way to get to know more cultures and understand more about the world we are living in. We would like to see as many places as possible during our lifetime and meet with interesting people from all around the world.
I like all kinds of GOOD music, books, art history, foreign languages, guitar, basketball, fast cars, swimming, and... people that are creative and that have a hunger to always learn new things and enjoy life.
That's all folks! (For now at least)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 7 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Eraldi and venteeocho are now friends.
- Commented on caprice_222's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Under construction"
- updated a New York City Travel Page "Under construction"
- Wrote a Review The Skanderbeg Museum and the Kruja Castle in Kruje Favorites
- Posted in Travel Albania Forum "RE: Taxis are available at..."
updated their Personal Page "Man's best friend."
Top 5 Pages
- Tirana Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Kruje 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Mostar Intro, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 2 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22161 Reviews - 53866 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1908 Reviews - 4459 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos