Japan Nightlife Tips by Pixiekatten Top 5 Page for this destination
Japan Nightlife: 64 reviews and 59 photos
Im not that into jazz music but the evening at SONE Jazz Bar in KOBE was a sure hit!
- Classy interior!
- Great live music! Band was very friendly. And singer said a few words in english every now and then to make me feel part of the crowd! She stayed and chatted with us after the gig!
- Good cocktails (and an english drinklist!)
- Good nibbles.
- We didnt have dinner but they serve food aswell and it did look real yummy. A big table next to us had pizzas and I caught a glimpse of squid on them - interesting!
Dress Code: Neat. Smart.
Address: 1-24-10 Nakayamate Dori, Kobe
Directions: 5 min walk from Sannomiya station.
Theme: Live Music
WOMB - TOKYO
The exterior of the club may be mis-leading to most people as it looks like a large conrete box. Womb is a 4 floor club with banging tunes, 2 chill-out lounges and several bars.
This is not however a place for anyone with epilepsy beacuse of the frequent use of stroboscope lightshows!
Dress Code: Cool and groovy!
Address: 2-16 Maruyama-cho, Shibuyaku
Directions: Womb is located about 15 miunutes from Shibuya station.
Sent James Club - KYOTO
There are 2 Sent James Clubs in Kyoto. One in Honten and one in Ponto-cho.
I went to the Ponto-cho one with my friend (who is I might add crazy about jazz). But you dont have to be a jazz person to come here. Its a nice, mellow bar. Dark wooden interior. Flickering candlelights to set that jazzy mood..
AND!! They have a terrace overlooking Kamogawa river. Perfect for a hot summers eve!
The drinklist is impressive with many exciting cocktails. A bit pricy. But worth it!
Dress Code: Smart.
Directions: Ponto-cho runs parallell with Kamogawa river.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
HEARTLAND - http://metropolis.co.jp/tokyo/479/bars
A classy hip bar in Roppongi Hills. Famous for attracting a lot of gaijins (foreigners). Hip and trendy interior. Good music from a DJ and a cool crowd. (And yep, it is CROWDED!) Lucky us had the private room booked to celebrate our friend's b-day =).
See good review:
Dress Code: Trendy. Smart. Tidy.
Address: 1F Roppongi Hills West Walk, 6-10-1 Roppongi, Mina
More Reviews (99)
- See All SHINKANSEN
- See All Don't tan in Japan!
- See All VISA
- Hanshin Tigers - Baseball
- See All Great Hostel
- See All HACHIMAN-GU SHRINE - KAMAKURA
- Festival Gate OSAKA - a creepy ghost...
- See All Compulsory rice eating - NIKKO
- See All BENTO - boxed lunch
- See All Threats from the sky
- See All Toy Madness in Tokyo's Kiddy Land
- See All When visiting a mountain town
Pixiekatten's Related Pages
Japan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAND AND NATURE OF JAPAN"
- "Nihon sugoi desu! (Japan is wonderful!)"
- "Japan has, what you've never experienced"
- "High Culture & Modernity"
- "Japan, My Friends, Our Trip...."
- "Paul's Journey Through Japan"
- "Tadaima!! (I came back!!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Japan
- Hotels in Japan
- Transportation in Japan
- Nightlife in Japan
- Restaurants in Japan
- Shopping in Japan
- Warnings and Dangers in Japan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Japan
- 159 Reviews
- 338 Photos
- 121 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Japan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Japan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 103 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 43 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 33 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Malmö Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kamakura Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Sweden Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Iceland Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Highland Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos