Edinburgh Things to Do Tips by Pixiekatten Top 5 Page for this destination
Edinburgh Things to Do: 1,511 reviews and 2,825 photos
No matter where in Edinburgh you stand, walk, drive or sit... Arthur's Seat WILL catch your eye.
To get there walk down the Royal Mile to Holyrood Palace. Turn right after the parliament and it's in front of you. Then start climbing! :)
When at the top you will realise it was worth the sweat and hard work! The view is amazing as long its not a cloudy day!
Just watch out for the crazy BMX-ers riding their bikes down the hill about 100000 km/hour... Also Arthur's Seat is a popular place for dog owner's - keep that it mind if you're scared of dogs because there's always a few running free...
Did you know???
Myths say there are secret tunnels from Edinburgh castle to Holyrood palace and apparently they're even under Arthur's Seat...
Address: End of Royal Mile
Directions: Next to Holyrood Palace and the Parliament
Streetartist @ Edinburgh Fringe
No matter what you're into you will find something you like here. And probably you wont have the time to try everything you want to.
Streetartists, theatre performances, great music appearences, food food and more food, beer tents, shopping, the Tattoo, art shows, clubbing, international markets, fireworks... Its all there!
Fringe last 4weeks, Aug to Sep, dates varies.
Visit the Edinburgh Fringe Website to find out more!
Address: Edinburgh - all over the city
V St by night
This curved street leading from the Grassmarket to George IV Bridge has a lot to offer! This is what you should keep an eye for:
The Wee Gift Shop. The whisky shop. The Red Door Gallery. Ian Mellis Cheese Shop (!!!). Odd One Out - cool clothes shop. Long Tall Sally (for tall women). The Christmas Shop. Kool. W K D Ltd. Liquid Room (nightclub). Maison Bleue (outstanding lunch or dinner). Howies (trad scottish food). Espionage (cheesy nightclub). Finnegans Wake (pub). El Mariachi (mexican food).
Address: Victoria Street
Directions: Just off Grassmarket or the Royal Mile.
More Reviews (40)
- See All EMPIRES
- See All The forth rail bridge
- See All Not an authentic American Diner
- See All A wee scottish dictionary.
Pixiekatten's Related Pages
Edinburgh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edinburgh Travel - A Special City - A Special View"
- "Scotland's Capital City"
- "Embra - Scotlands Capital City"
- "A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife"
- "Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland"
- "Opera and Graduation in Edinburgh"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edinburgh
- Hotels in Edinburgh
- Transportation in Edinburgh
- Nightlife in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Shopping in Edinburgh
- Warnings and Dangers in Edinburgh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edinburgh
- 43 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Edinburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edinburgh
- Posted in Travel Japan Forum "Re: Karatsu kunchi festival 2-4nov"
- updated a Edinburgh Travel Page "A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife"
- Wrote a Review EMPIRES about Royal Mile (Miscellaneous) in Edinburgh Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "EMPIRES"
- Commented on one of cheezecake_deli's Edinburgh travel pages
Photos in EdinburghSee All Photos (77)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 103 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 43 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 33 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Malmö Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kamakura Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Sweden Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Iceland Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Highland Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
- Castle, including National War Museum and National War Memorial- 255 Reviews, 398 Photos
- Arthur's Seat, Holyrood Park and Salisbury Crags- 47 Reviews, 108 Photos
- Scott Monument- 63 Reviews, 124 Photos
- Calton Hill- 66 Reviews, 159 Photos
- Tours- 54 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Greyfriars Kirk or Church including Greyfriars Bobby grave and memorial- 43 Reviews, 97 Photos
- Princes Street- 61 Reviews, 115 Photos
- Camera Obscura- 23 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Military Tattoo- 20 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Royal Mile aka High Street- 76 Reviews, 151 Photos
See All Edinburgh Things to Do