"A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife" Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh by Pixiekatten

Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,516 reviews and 7,151 photos

Restaurant, bars, pubs and clubs!

Thats what my Edinburgh travelpage will be about. Mostly. During my 3 years in hospitality that was my scene. That was what interested me then. Food. And drink. And music. And more food and drink. And clubbing. So this page will be dedicated to all great bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants in Edinburgh!

But of course one can't have an Edinburgh without mentioning the wonderful landmarks of the city - the Castle, Arthur's Seat, Princes Garden and more.. well at least I can't.. because these places were always the great get-away from the buzz and stress at work. And for a visitor they shouldnt be missed - which is hard to do anyway since the Castle for example is on a hill in the city centre! ;)

Memories of an x-Edinburger

But now Im back in Sweden though. A new start after 3 fantastic but mental years in Scotland.
Writing these tips will take me back in time. With a big smile on my face.
Edinburgh is a lovely place. A fun place. My hearts place.

I can return. And I will. To visit friends. To have a pint at the Grassmarket and glance up on the house where I used to live. Walk up Victoria St and pop by my old work and give 'em all hugs and say Hello!
Walk down the Mound att head down to Princess Street. Do some shopping and then feast on nachos at Ryans Bar. Later on meet up with friends for good cocktails at The Dragon Fly. Have tasty food and more cocktails at The Villager. Maybe dinner at the Outsider...

A perfect lazy Sunday

Next day starts with a sleep in. Then lunch and coffee at Ecco Vino. Staying put for hours. Chatting with the excellent staff. Slowly getting rid of the hang-over.
An afternoon strole down the Royal Mile and if wheather allows maybe even walking up Arthurs Seat to catch the amazing view of the city. If not, a pint in front of the fire in some cosy Old Town pub. The Worlds End probably.

Ahh.. Edinburgh is Scotlands finest. No doubt about it!

• Pros:Good bars. Great people.
  • Cons:Bad weather.
  • Last visit to Edinburgh: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 3, 2008

• arty_girl's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Thanks for your great Edinburgh tips! I'm going there at the end of this month and I've added a lot of them to my trip planner :)

• YolandaC's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Great pages Pixiekatten! My daugher (18) and boyfriend (19) plan on moving to Edinburgh Feb 1st for seven months. Suggetions on area to live or jobs? Much appreciated.

• Jan 18, 2008 at 1:55 PM

I have the same photo on my haggis tip and similar content to be honest too! :)

• ndahl's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2007 at 4:26 PM

hi, lothian buses are improving with spaces for wheelchairs and some for prams. not all buses have these spaces but this is Scotland. Things don't change so easily here

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2007 at 10:48 PM

ahh, the Fringe festival, did you try the bike with the stirring going to wrong side ? ...good to see that the swedish tourists are keeping the nightlife alive ;-)

• flyingscot4's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 12:20 PM

I love the Caves, and I am seldom the oldest person there. Just another thing that makes Edinburgh so unique. Again, great pages!!!!

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2007 at 3:46 PM

well, today its 12 degrees + wet - 15 june - so youre right about the weather...

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2007 at 3:10 AM

Hi! Have returned to your pages as "my Scotsman" and I are finally planning a trip to Edinburgh next year! Superb tips, especially on the Grassmarket and "Scots dictionary" :-) Thanks for sharing / Jess

• BlueBeth's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 4:35 AM

Hi Malena, we absolutely loved Embra and can't wait to go again. Beth :o)

• Ruai's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Great tips! Have given me some good ideas for my trip there :)

Pixiekatten Used To Live Here!

Pixiekatten

“Religion, is a smile on a dog.”

Badges & Stats in Edinburgh

Have you been to Edinburgh?

Latest Activity in Edinburgh