"A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife" Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh by Pixiekatten
Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,447 reviews and 6,931 photos
Thats what my Edinburgh travelpage will be about. Mostly. During my 3 years in hospitality that was my scene. That was what interested me then. Food. And drink. And music. And more food and drink. And clubbing. So this page will be dedicated to all great bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants in Edinburgh!
But of course one can't have an Edinburgh without mentioning the wonderful landmarks of the city - the Castle, Arthur's Seat, Princes Garden and more.. well at least I can't.. because these places were always the great get-away from the buzz and stress at work. And for a visitor they shouldnt be missed - which is hard to do anyway since the Castle for example is on a hill in the city centre! ;)
But now Im back in Sweden though. A new start after 3 fantastic but mental years in Scotland.
Writing these tips will take me back in time. With a big smile on my face.
Edinburgh is a lovely place. A fun place. My hearts place.
I can return. And I will. To visit friends. To have a pint at the Grassmarket and glance up on the house where I used to live. Walk up Victoria St and pop by my old work and give 'em all hugs and say Hello!
Walk down the Mound att head down to Princess Street. Do some shopping and then feast on nachos at Ryans Bar. Later on meet up with friends for good cocktails at The Dragon Fly. Have tasty food and more cocktails at The Villager. Maybe dinner at the Outsider...
Next day starts with a sleep in. Then lunch and coffee at Ecco Vino. Staying put for hours. Chatting with the excellent staff. Slowly getting rid of the hang-over.
An afternoon strole down the Royal Mile and if wheather allows maybe even walking up Arthurs Seat to catch the amazing view of the city. If not, a pint in front of the fire in some cosy Old Town pub. The Worlds End probably.
Ahh.. Edinburgh is Scotlands finest. No doubt about it!
- Pros:Good bars. Great people.
- Cons:Bad weather.
Empires is a turkish restaurant in Edinburgh Old Town which offers a fantastic experience. This restaurant/café is not... more travel advice
Craigmillar Castle lies just three miles south east of the centre of Edinburgh and is one of the most completely... more travel advice
- See All Not an authentic American Diner
- See All A wee scottish dictionary.
- See All Take your time on Victoria Street
- Buses not for those with small children!
Pixiekatten's Related Pages
Edinburgh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edinburgh Travel - A Special City - A Special View"
- "Scotland's Capital City"
- "Embra - Scotlands Capital City"
- "A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife"
- "Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland"
- "Opera and Graduation in Edinburgh"
- "The highs and lows of the 7 hills..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edinburgh
- Hotels in Edinburgh
- Transportation in Edinburgh
- Nightlife in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Shopping in Edinburgh
- Warnings and Dangers in Edinburgh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edinburgh
- 43 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Edinburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edinburgh
- Posted in Travel Japan Forum "Re: Karatsu kunchi festival 2-4nov"
- updated a Edinburgh Travel Page "A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife"
- Wrote a Review EMPIRES about Royal Mile (Miscellaneous) in Edinburgh Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "EMPIRES"
- Commented on one of cheezecake_deli's Edinburgh travel pages
Photos in EdinburghSee All Photos (77)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 103 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 43 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 33 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Malmö Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kamakura Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Sweden Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Iceland Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Highland Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos