"Taytay, Palawan - Unknown among the local tourists" Taytay by edwinic
Taytay Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
Taytay is a 1st class municipality in the province of Palawan, Philippines. According to the 2000 census, it has a population of 53,657 people in 10,083 households.
During the Spanish colonization of the Philippines, Taytay became the capital of the Province of Calamianes, the entire territory of Palawan, in 1818; and the Province of Castilla, a land area occupying the northern part of Palawan, in 1858.
During the American era, Taytay ceased being Palawan's capital, and its administrative boundary was reduced by approximately 500,000 hectares upon the creation of the Municipality of El Nido in 1916.
The historic Taytay Fort, the Fuerza de Santa Isabel, built in 1667 under the Augustinian Recollect Fathers and named in honor of Spain's Queen Isabela II in the 1800s, was used as a military station during that period. The fort's small chapel and cannon are still intact. The fort is now under the supervision of the National Museum.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As part of our stopover on the way to Elnido, we passed and stayed awhile in this municipality.
edwinic's Related Pages
Taytay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taytay, Palawan"
- "Taytay, Palawan - Unknown among the local tourists"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taytay
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Taytay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taytay
- Posted in Travel Province of Negros Oriental Forum "Re: Safe in Negros Oriental?"
- Uploaded a Video to Taytay
- Uploaded a Photo to "Taytay, Palawan - Unknown among the local tourists"
- updated a Taytay Travel Page "Taytay, Palawan - Unknown among the local tourists"
Photos in TaytaySee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Island Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Philippines 14 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quezon City Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Sagada Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Abha Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Galera 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Province of Tawi-Tawi Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- El Nido Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Province of Siquijor Intro, 3 photos