"Areas outside Kingston" Kingston by johncudw
Kingston Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 36 photos
View on an exceptionally clear day of the Ashokan Reservoir and Northern
The Mountains are from left to right:
Plateau, Sugarloaf, Indian Head, and Overlook
Plateau is 3800 feet high thereabouts and to the east of Hunter
This is a close-up of the same northern Catskill area with a
Nikon extender lens on a Nikon digital camera. These work
pretty well when made by the same make as the camera.
Pecoy Notch is in the saddle on the mountains to the right.
The Rondout Lighthouse is off in the distance
with many sailboats in the river.
on a late-summer day
- Pros:Nice mountains with waterfalls only 70-100 miles from NYC
- Cons:To see most mountaintop views require hikes, no summit auto roads, but that's OK I suppose
- In a nutshell:where the Catskills meet the Hudson River
Off of Route 28 near Shokan take a left past the plaza and near two specialty shops, After crossing the dam and... more travel advice
johncudw's Related Pages
Kingston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A LITTLE CITY WITH A LOT OF CULTURE"
- "Kingston, The 1st Capital of New York State."
- "Kingston, Where the Catskills meet the Hudson"
- "Kingston is conveniently located and historical"
- "Areas outside Kingston"
- "Kingston, NY"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kingston
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kingston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingston
Photos in KingstonSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Mount Desert Island Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- West Hartford Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bear Mountain State Park Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Mahwah Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Catskill State Park Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Stowe Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Baxter State Park Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Franconia Notch State Park Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos