"Rockland - Port for Windjammer Schooners" Rockland by johncudw
Rockland Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 57 photos
Nice place to sit at the docks or walk around
and take pictures. Light is better in the morning
These ships take about 25 people on
cruises around the Penobscot Bay
over toward Mount Desert Island,
Eggemoggin Reach, Deer Isle, Isle Au Haut,
and Vinalhaven, among other places.
These are really neat with varying
weather with wind.
If you get a string of days without wind and still
(often with fog), they will have to push the ship through
the water with a motor launch.
johncudw's Related Pages
Rockland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rockland Celebrates The Lobster"
- "AnitaJRT's Rockland Maine -- Schooner Adventure"
- "Rockland, Maine..Seacoast Town..Boats and Lobsters"
- "Rockland - Port for Windjammer Schooners"
- "Rockland, Maine - Gateway to Penobscot Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rockland
- Hotels in Rockland
- Transportation in Rockland
- Nightlife in Rockland
- Restaurants in Rockland
- Shopping in Rockland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rockland
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Rockland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rockland
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Mount Desert Island Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- West Hartford Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bear Mountain State Park Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Mahwah Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Catskill State Park Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Stowe Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Baxter State Park Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Franconia Notch State Park Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos