"Wales" Top 5 Page for this destination Wales by nani80
Wales Travel Guide: 4,839 reviews and 15,483 photos
For a small country, Wales has extremely diverse landscape - spectacular mountains, dramatic coastline, green valleys. Not to mention all the picturesque little towns and villages, hundreds of castles and hiking trails all around the country…
While planning our journey, we figured we couldn't see it all in our lifetime. So we gave up idea of planning everything ahead. We rented a car, and then we drove…
First the south coast (Cardiff, Gower penisnula, Pembrokeshire) and then up to the north (Cardiganshire coast, Snowdonia, Llyn, Anglesely, Denbighshire). Unpredictable and erratic weather prevented us to explore some areas properly (especially Snowdonia), but on the other hand, many areas were nice to see even in bad weather.
* Cardiff at night
* Llandaff Cathedral
* Walk from Rhossili * Beach to Worms Head and Mewslade Bay
* Pentre Ifan Burrial Chamber
* Coastal walk from Bosherston Lily Ponds to St Govan's Head
* Hiking Cadair Idris
* Morning at Mynydd Mawr, Llyn
* Gentle stroll anong The Garth Pier in Bangor
* Driving the Llanberis Pass
- Pros:Castles, beaches, cliffs, mountains... paradise for walkers
- Cons:Unpredictable weather
- In a nutshell:Scenic landscape and amazing historic sights
Little remains of this medieval castle built on the site of an Iron-age fort. Yet, it's location, on a steep hill which... more travel advice
Bangor is a small university town lying on the banks of Menai Strait. There are several things you might want to visit... more travel advice
nani80's Related Pages
Wales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Wales"
- "A Week in North Wales"
- "A beautifull country"
- "Croeso Cymru"
- "A few nights in Wales"
- "Gwlad, Gwlad!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wales
- Hotels in Wales
- Transportation in Wales
- Nightlife in Wales
- Restaurants in Wales
- Shopping in Wales
- Warnings and Dangers in Wales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wales
- 22 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Wales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wales
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 20 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otok Krk Intro, 16 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos
- Isle of Skye Intro, 14 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Cork Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos