"The skiers highways" Top 5 Page for this destination Sölden by sanda.muntean

Sölden Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 141 photos

How should I begin?

I find pretty hard to begin the description of Sölden, because was great, no matter how I want to see this trip.
First impression was in the morning, (because we arrived there late in the evening), when I opened the eyes and I saw some beautiful mountains in front of me without making any move.
In fact, to be honest, this was not in Sölden but Lengenfeld, because we checked-in in Lengenfeld (about half an hour bus driving from Sölden).

The "highways"

For me was the first time skiing, so I didn't see too many ski tracks, but I am sure these are one of the best. Why do I think that?
First: I am not easy to impress (in fact who want to impress me is having a hard job to do), but this tracks are having 10 points from me, in this moment, as impression (maximum).
Second: We were there together with my boy-friend's father. The father goes to ski every year, never in the same place, so he saw many places and many tracks. This was the second time for him when he came to Sölden. For me this information means a lot!...
What you see in the picture is the track for ski school, I saw just beginners there except the moments when the skiers cross the track to rich another one.

The atmosphere

As a temperature was cold, of course :) (-7 degrees until -20 degrees), but not bad at all.
As an atmosphere was hot; holiday everywhere (I wonder how the locals can work, go to school, because the general impression is you don't have to do anything, is holiday!), everything is safe...
Sölden, Lengenfeld and Ötz I saw in this trip and to summarize them and the atmosphere in few words they are: "I was in fairy-tale land"...

• Pros:In Sölden area doesn't exist the word "bad (cons)"
  • In a nutshell:The skiers highways in fairy-tale land.
  • Last visit to Sölden: Feb 2009
  • Intro Updated Mar 12, 2009

• imran8852's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Hi Sanda, Thanks for the info...too bad we can't see each other when my family visited Austria last year:)

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Hi Sanda, nice photos and useful tips here. thx for sharing.Bora

sanda.muntean

“...heaven is a place on Earth!”

Badges & Stats in Sölden