"Učka" Ucka by Fiuman
Ucka Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
Učka extends for 20 km from the saddle at Poklon (across which the Rijeka-Pazin road passes) to Plomin bay. It appears as a prominent mountain ridge, the peaks of which are lower towards the south (the highest peak Vojak is 1401 metres high). There are numerous springs on both slopes, which are quite vigorous in the winter (Medveja).
Učka represents a considerable climatic barrier forcing air masses to elevate, and thus bringing about substantial precipitation. With its luxuriant vegetation it is quite different from other littoral mountains. In summer you may enjoy the pleasant refreshment offered by Učka's woods and the unique view from its peaks.
Fiuman's Related Pages
Ucka Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ucka
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ucka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ucka
Photos in UckaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rijeka Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Trieste Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Bakar Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos
- Baska Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Kenya Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Opatija Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Malindi Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Mombasa Island Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sjeverni Velebit National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.