"La Colonia Tovar, Aragua State" Colonia Tovar by bylaunch
Colonia Tovar Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 96 photos
This little town was founded in the 19th century by German immigrants after the (Venezuelan) independence war. They were brought in order to populate and settle the Venezuelan land due to the fact that the war had reduced the local population.
Nowadays this town is a turistic place because of the Classical German life style. You can see it in the achitecture of houses, malls and churches. But you can taste classical German gastronomy, it is very cheap. Hosting is quite cheap too.
It is a nice ride. The landscapes around the road are gorgeous. But you need to be very careful the road is ful of... more travel advice
bylaunch's Related Pages
Colonia Tovar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ROMANTIC.............AND AVENTURES"
- "German get away in CARACAS"
- "La Colonia Tovar, Aragua State"
- "Colonia Tovar .A typical German Town in Venezuela"
- "Colonia Tovar , a Small Tropical Germany"
- "GERMANY IN VENEZUELA"
- "Colonia Tovar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colonia Tovar
- Hotels in Colonia Tovar
- Transportation in Colonia Tovar
- Restaurants in Colonia Tovar
- Shopping in Colonia Tovar
- Warnings and Dangers in Colonia Tovar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Colonia Tovar
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Colonia Tovar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colonia Tovar
Top 10 Pages
- Colonia Tovar Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- El Jarillo Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Mérida Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mochima Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Brugge Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Higuerote 1 review, 3 photos
- San Carlos de Bariloche 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Caracas 1 review, 1 photo
- Cartagena Intro, 2 photos
- Choroní Intro, 1 review, 1 photo