"Scotland" Scotland by trvlrtom
Scotland Travel Guide: 13,168 reviews and 30,150 photos
Scotland is well known for its varied landscapes, a great place for hiking in the highlands, walking along rocky coastlines and visiting many old castles. For three week in the summer of 2005 we enjoyed learning about and experiencing this beautiful area. Some favorite stops are included in my VT pages: Fife, Dundee etc.
Castle Campell is located up the glen from the charming town of Dollar. A climb up the stairs of the old tower gives you some great views of the countryside.
My wife and I are not serious climbers or strenuous hikers, but were able to enjoy several wonderful walks in the highlands. The tourist information offices we visited always had great information; don't hesitate to ask.
The Teviot Water Gardens and Smokery is a pleasant place to stop when you are in the Borders. It's not far from Kelso,... more travel advice
Peebles, like many of the Borders towns, is a pleasant place to visite with several fine options for meals or snacks.... more travel advice
trvlrtom's Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- "BONNIE SCOTLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 13 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Jose Intro, 51 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Maui Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos