"My Childhood Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Green Bay by trvlrtom
Green Bay Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 187 photos
Green Bay is one of Wisconsin's most historical cities. Near here is where the first European explorers and fur traders made their way from the Great Lakes to the Mississippi River basin. The French and later the British established forts here (Fort Howard), but cities further south - Chicago and Milwaukee, soon eclipsed Green Bay as transportation hubs. Green Bay remained a smaller town and established itself as a paper mill center and regional shipping center.
There are a few interesting buildings standing, most of which have been moved to Heritage Hill State Park. The Astor neighborhood on Green Bay's east side was home to many early well to do and middle class families, and has never lost its shine. A drive through the area is a pleasant diversion.
Lambeau Field - Famous home of the Packers. It is uplifting to know that the Packers, unlike so many other US pro teams, will never be moved to another city by a self-serving owner. Decades ago non-transferable shares were sold to locals, so nobody will be able to sell out to a more economically lucrative market. Lambeau Field, with it's history of the days of Curly Lambeau, Vince Lombardi and many others, will always be home.
- Pros:A typical mid-western town with a unique sports heritage
Without a doubt Lambeau Field is one of the USA's premier sports venues. Going to a game here is an experience unlike... more travel advice
On the city's east side there is a pleasant neighborhood of historic interest - Astor. This is primarily a residential... more travel advice
trvlrtom's Related Pages
Green Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "(Almost) Nothing About the Packers Here!"
- "Welcome to the land of beer, cheese and football"
- "rstary's new Green Bay Page"
- "My Childhood Home"
- "Our Little Corner of the World"
- "WHERE'S MY CHEESE HAT"
- "Packers land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Green Bay
- Hotels in Green Bay
- Transportation in Green Bay
- Nightlife in Green Bay
- Restaurants in Green Bay
- Shopping in Green Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Green Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Green Bay
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Green Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Green Bay
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Jose Intro, 51 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Maui Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos