"Hilo and surroundings" Hilo by trvlrtom
Hilo Travel Guide: 250 reviews and 536 photos
Downtown Hilo has a lot to offer if you appreciate small shops and like to see something besides chain stores and restaurants. Hilo has a special history and local flavor, and this is the place to experience it. There are several good restaurants, a great bookstore with items you won't find on the mainland, a classic old theater and a few galleries.
This is a top attraction not to be missed.
This bakery has been here for ages. I don't know where else you would find colorful breads flavored with mango, papaya... more travel advice
This park is surely a pleasant experience and a nice place to wind down if you have been on a busy traveling schedule. more travel advice
trvlrtom's Related Pages
Hilo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Business Center of the Big Island"
- "The lush windward coast"
- "Big Island - Big Sights"
- "Rainforest Trip"
- "Hilo and surroundings"
- "Hilo - the rainiest city in the United States?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hilo
- Hotels in Hilo
- Transportation in Hilo
- Nightlife in Hilo
- Restaurants in Hilo
- Shopping in Hilo
- Warnings and Dangers in Hilo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hilo
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Hilo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hilo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Jose Intro, 51 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Maui Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos