"Peaceful Cayucos" Cayucos by trvlrtom
Cayucos Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 29 photos
Cayucos is a smaller, quiet beach town located between its more popular and busy neighbors of Morro Bay and Cambria. Staying in Cayucos is a nice restful break from work or hectic travel. The town doesn't seem to have changed much in recent decades and retains its unpretentious charm.
The town of Cayucos originally developed to serve sailing ships and steamers working the California coast. While you won't find gamblers and seafarers anymore, several of the old wood buildings remain as taverns and antique shops. The town is small enough that you can see most of it in half a day - but that isn't the point. In Cayucos you want to let the time roam away.
Cayucos is big for water sports. There is good surfing, sea kayaking, and just simple beach walking.
This is a small, old fashioned motel that plays with the theme. Each room is decorated differently, and the place really... more travel advice
There are a few places to get coffee in town. This cafe stands out because of it's low key, friendly and informal local... more travel advice
trvlrtom's Related Pages
Cayucos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peaceful Cayucos"
- "A great little beach town..."
- "Hideaway Beach Town on the Central Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cayucos
- Hotels in Cayucos
- Nightlife in Cayucos
- Restaurants in Cayucos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cayucos
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Cayucos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cayucos
Photos in CayucosSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Jose Intro, 51 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Maui Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos