"Capitola" Top 5 Page for this destination Capitola by trvlrtom
Capitola Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 89 photos
Capitola is an interesting and fun little town on the coast. I worked here for two years and still visit it frequently. Two big draws are the beaches and the surf scene. The village of Capitola has a great location on the coast, facing a fine beach that has relatively calm waters and a mild climate for the central California coast. Just a little north of the village at Pleasure Point you will find one of the most popular surfing locations. Here novice and expert surfers spend endless hours watching and waiting for the ultimate wave. Just as many or more people watch the scene from the cliffs above.
Capitola has three primary locations for shopping, each very different from the other.
First there is the village, which faces the beach. Here you will find a variety of shops, restaurants and bars that are fairly unique and give the place a good character. The chain stores are not here, rather local shops selling clothes, gifts, artwork and things like that.
Next is Pleasure Point, the center of the surf scene. The scene is very casual here, with less expensive places to eat, surf shops and second hand clothing stores. It's quite ecclectic.
Lastly is Capitola mall. This is similar to malls throughout the US, with familiar clothes, stores and places to eat. Personally I see no reason to go here unless you live in the area and just need to get basic things.
For a town of its size, Capitola has a great variety of places to eat. There are inexpensive taquerias, good Asian food, and some very fine restaurants too. Look around the village, 41st near Portola and all along 41st.
- Pros:Variety and good energy
- Cons:Rather busy on the weekends.
- In a nutshell:Check it out!
Almost everyone who lives in the area knows The Shadowbrook; it is one of the area's oldest and most famous restaurant.... more travel advice
Paradise Surf Shop -This is a surf shop especially for women surfers. They have all kinds of surf gear and clothes,... more travel advice
trvlrtom's Related Pages
Capitola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capitola Beach"
- "Capitola - California's Oldest Seaside Resort"
- "Beautiful little town..."
- "A hidden gem in Santa Cruz county"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Capitola
- Hotels in Capitola
- Transportation in Capitola
- Restaurants in Capitola
- Shopping in Capitola
- Warnings and Dangers in Capitola
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Capitola
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Capitola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Capitola
Photos in CapitolaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Jose Intro, 51 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Maui Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (17)
Latest Capitola hotel reviews
- Capitola Venetian Hotel
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013