"Lyme Regis area" Top 5 Page for this destination Lyme Regis by trvlrtom
Lyme Regis Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 106 photos
Lyme Regis is a pleasant place to visit for its history and beautiful seaside setting. It's known as the setting for the book and subsequent movie, "The French Lieutenant's Woman", and if you are familiar with this, the area will seem a little recognizable. The cobb, the imposing grey stretch of stone leading out to the sea, hasn't changed over the decades. Much of the town streets have retained some character, although they now cater to the tourist trade. There are plenty of opportunities to eat, drink and buy postcards in Lyme Regis.
If you are ambitious, you can walk west along the coastal uplands to Seaton, and then on to Beer. The first stretch is a good three hours, and the latter another half hour. The drive is just a few minutes. Either way, I strongly suggest a visit. Beer is especially nice, with some decent pubs, restaurants and shops, but mostly for the beautiful seaside setting.
This B & B isn't in Lyme Regis but in the neighboring town of Seaton, just to the west. Seaton is quieter, and we just... more travel advice
Broad Street is the primary street in Lyme Regis, and is lined with places to eat and shop. It goes up the hill from the... more travel advice
trvlrtom's Related Pages
Lyme Regis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Day Out To Dorset"
- "Lyme Regis area"
- "Lyme Regis and the Jurassic Coast"
- "'Wild to see Lyme'?"
- "Mary Anning and the magic of Lyme"
- "Glorious Geography!"
- "Lyme Regis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lyme Regis
- Hotels in Lyme Regis
- Transportation in Lyme Regis
- Restaurants in Lyme Regis
- Shopping in Lyme Regis
- Warnings and Dangers in Lyme Regis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lyme Regis
- 7 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Lyme Regis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lyme Regis
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Jose Intro, 51 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Maui Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos