"Historical River and Border town" Breisach am Rhein by trvlrtom
Breisach am Rhein Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 10 photos
Breisach is a town with centuries of history, much of it fortunately available for the tourist to enjoy. The town is impressive to see from the distance; the old, upper town rises up steeply from the plains of the Rhine River, with the spires of the cathedral visible from far away.
From the lower town you can walk (or drive) to the upper town to see the cathedral and the old town. Walking along the cobblestones makes you get a little of a feel of what it was like for the people for hundreds of years.
A main route to the old town is by taking Via Munsterberstasse, on the southwest part of the hill facing the Rhine... more travel advice
On of the major sights of Cathedral Hill, the Upper Town, is the Radbrunnernturm. This is an old wheel well tower... more travel advice
trvlrtom's Related Pages
Breisach am Rhein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historical River and Border town"
- ""Real" page coming soon - just an appetizer"
- "BREISACH - Welcome to Germany from France"
- "A little gem on the French border"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Breisach am Rhein
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Breisach am Rhein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Breisach am Rhein
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Jose Intro, 51 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 26 reviews, 34 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Maui Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos