"Miao-Li Taiwan" Miao-li by matt_of_asia
Miao-li Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 87 photos
A beautiful central Taiwan destination. This is where some vestiges of nature have survived and you can see alot of beautiful farm areas and mountains in Taiwan.
Things to do:
visit a Farm and drink some organic tea.
Pick strawberries in the strawberry fields.
Hike in Shuei-Ba National Park.
Visit aboriginal villages and see their performances.
See LiYuTan reservoir.
visit a hotspring at TaiYang hotsprings.
scoot on beautiful mountain roads. (I recommend scooting to driving myself- scooters have the advantage on some the tiny winding roads which get down to one lane quite often- I guess it could be a fun drive in a car too...)
in past trips here we have picked strawberries in the village of Da-Hu and they were darned good strawberries. FRESH! MMM.
and they were HUGE, BIG ASS strawberries too. Worth the cash- about 130NT$ for 1 kg when we went last year at strawberry season.
prices probably vary based on season and how well the farmers kept the birds away. lol.
- Pros:nature and fresh air in central taiwan flowers in winter and mountain roads that are fun to drive.
- Cons:touristy feeling to 'aborigine' tours- (kindof fake)- lots of clearcut scars from years ago still visible here and there, tiny mountain roads may seem unsafe for some people in large cars...
- In a nutshell:Nature struggles to regain the upper edge with more sucess here.
matt_of_asia's Related Pages
Miao-li Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Miao-Li, Hakka Hish"
- "Miao-li (chinese: ]®ß¿¤¥«)"
- "My Home Town"
- "Miao-Li Taiwan"
- "Giddy with the scent of strawberry fruits"
- "My birth place"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miao-li
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Miao-li?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miao-li
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Nan-t'ou Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Okinawa 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- T'ai-nan Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Taipei Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Taitung Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- I-lan 1 review, 5 photos
- Miao-li Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.