T'ai-chung Transportation Tips by matt_of_asia Top 5 Page for this destination
T'ai-chung Transportation: 1 reviews and 0 photos
Get a magazine called Compass Magazine. It has a fantastic map of Taichung city inside.
Use it and learn your way around.
Get a scooter to get around. Its fun. get a mask though and a helmet with a visor at least. full face crash helmets are best. wind in your hair is fine but all the grit, bugs and gravel can make any free spirit grumpy (and injured physically) fast.
it is possible to rent scooters.
If you feel unsafe on a scooter try your luck in the taxis. generally they are ok. They are cheap, but you need to pay a minumum 200NT charge I think... then the meter clicks on.
Buses, well I never tried. Last time I checked they didnt have english schedules or signage so likely they are best avoided. This may have changed since, however, if anyone cares to correct this you can tell me.
More Reviews (18)
- See All Try Ke-Li-Bing (kind of a pancake wrap)
- See All hiking at Ba-Shian-Shan (Gu-Guan)
- Fu-Shou-Shan Camping area
- A decent meeting place
matt_of_asia's Related Pages
T'ai-chung Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Smoggy City"
- "Taichung City- a funny place I live in"
- "Taichung City"
- "This is my home town"
- "Tai-chung County (chinese: ¥x¤¤¿¤¥«)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in T'ai-chung
- Hotels in T'ai-chung
- Transportation in T'ai-chung
- Nightlife in T'ai-chung
- Restaurants in T'ai-chung
- Warnings and Dangers in T'ai-chung
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hilton Head Island Hotels
- Malta Hotels
- West Yellowstone Hotels
- Manati Hotels
- Ko Samui
- Grand Cayman
Badges & Stats in T'ai-chung
- 19 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to T'ai-chung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in T'ai-chung
- Posted in Travel Taiwan Forum "Re: Around Taiwan"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Taichung City- a funny place I live in"
- updated a T'ai-chung Travel Page "Taichung City- a funny place I live in"
- Wrote a Review Try Ke-Li-Bing (kind of a pancake wrap) in T'ai-chung Restaurants
- Commented on one of chewy3326's T'ai-chung travel pages
Photos in T'ai-chungSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Nan-t'ou Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Okinawa 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- T'ai-nan Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Taipei Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Taitung Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- I-lan 1 review, 5 photos
- Miao-li Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.