"Curitiba" Top 5 Page for this destination Curitiba by hartuing

Curitiba Travel Guide: 198 reviews and 459 photos

Curitiba for travelers

In this page i am sharing with people from all over the world my impressions about this city located in south Brazil. It is actually the sixth largest metropolitan area in the country and the eleventh in South America, with more than 3 million people. I've been there several times and in my opinion this gives me a good knowledge to tell everybody about things in this place.

Curitiba has a reputation to offer a great quality of life to the resident people. Between brazilians, Curitiba is thought always as an example of urban planning, cleanliness and green parks around the city. In my point of view, there are several nice places to visit and some positive solutions about urbanism, but the city has grown too much in the past two decades and most of the good standards are now frightened or even lost. Many big city problems are now real life in Curitiba, such as crime issues, traffic and deployment. Visitors may experience a first-world tour, but this town of millions don't let us forget that it's Brazil, with all its enchants and disgraces, not different from any place in this country.

I tried all the times to live the everyday of resident people, go where people are used to go and knowing locals around. Local customs for me are the main atrractives of any place. You are more likely to find expert and alternative tips here than the lonely planet's ones.

here lies my compilation, and i didn't forget the traps and dangers, that are equally important when you go around the globe.

• Last visit to Curitiba: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 24, 2006

• VdV's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2006 at 11:00 PM

Perhaps changes in municipal leadership (and vision) have lead to the decline of some of the good programs and ideas instituted several years ago in Curitiba. Good insights!

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 7:27 AM

Very interesting page! your photography is...different, but cool! I was in Curitiba in March. For Brazil, a really nice city!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2006 at 11:53 PM

good tips here, I loved Curitiba

Badges & Stats in Curitiba

Have you been to Curitiba?

Latest Activity in Curitiba