"Sharing Asia" bulldogtwo's Profile
One of our favorite things to do is eat! Great crab and prawn dinner in Khao Lak. No better place than in asia and the Thai's know how to do that. They have so many great dishes to choose from. One of our favorite things to do is sample all the street food from great bowls of noodle soup to Pad Thai noodles or crisp pork, my favorite! I think I'll add a page just on eating!
Another deserted beach in Thailand. Who would've thought there were so many beaches with nobody on them in Thailand! This is about an 8 mile stretch of beach and we were the only ones on it for several days!
Thailand, one of the few countries in Asia where you can find elephants still roaming around with their handlers on the streets.
The colorful markets of Pagan. At this time there were not a lot of tourists, actually none were allowed into Burma. Consequently, vendors such as these had a hard time making a living, to say the least.
We love the tropics and and the jungle scenery with all of the beautiful plants and flowers.
Wasn't real impressed with the place but this was a neat picture.
Friendly vendor selling fresh tuna. If you get there early enough this is great sushi quality tuna. The camera was a great way of getting the vendors to smile and helped break the ice a bit. Filipino's always seem initially to be somewhat sceptical of others for some reason, almost afraid. Easy to break the ice usually with a smile and some friendly words.
Boundary Waters Wilderness Canoe Area in northern Minnesota along the Canadien border. A pristine camping, leave no trace, no motor, wilderness that is one million acres in size. You can go for days in many areas and not see another camper. Once you are in a site no other campers are allowed and only 9 people per site, 2-4 is ideal, and there are hundreds of island camp sites to choose from with your closest neighbor 1\2 a mile or many miles away.
Initially you need (should) to go with someone that knows what they are doing and be properly outfitted. The peacefulness and tranquility is unsurpassed anywhere in the mid-west. Wildlife sightings of black bear, yeah, you need to hang your food pack!! moose, wolf, river otter, beaver, mink, and many species of birds and waterfowl.
The fishing is great. You have a chance of catching trophy class walleye, northern pike, small mouth bass, and lake trout. Nothing better than a fresh caught walleye dinner in the wilderness.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 307 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 21 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- created a Minnesota Travelogue "Minnesota USA; Boundary Waters Canoe Area"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Minnesota USA; Boundary Waters Canoe Area"
- Commented on bulldogtwo's profile page
- bulldogtwo and Travel2write are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Ho Chi Minh City Forum "Re: HCM city"
- Wrote a Review Street food in Ho Chi Minh City Restaurants
created their Personal Page "Iraq"
- Uploaded a Video to Southern Thailand
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 108 reviews, 2 photos
- Thailand 74 reviews, 5 photos
- Phuket 20 reviews
- Asia 19 reviews
- Philippines Intro, 13 reviews, 2 photos
- Southern Thailand 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Hua Hin 10 reviews
- Krabi Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Central & Eastern Thailand 5 reviews
- Manila 5 reviews
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos