"The most beautiful day on the Faroe Islands" Mykines by Lunaina
Mykines Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 105 photos
We visited Mykines on our third day of our Faroe Islands trip. It was the best day we had. First we took the helicopter from Vagar Airport to the Mykines. There we started a steep walk up the hill and then had a nice climb on top to find many many birds, soooo many puffins, I did'nt expect to see so much birds!! Wow. It was a great walk, going up and down, all the way to the lighthouse on Mykinesholmur, but it was great!! Afterwards we went back in town, had something to eat at the cosy Kristianshus, looked around in town... and took the ferry back to Sorvagur. A great day!!!
Between Mykines and Mykinesholmur you have to cross a bridge over a gorge. This is nice and you again will have some... more travel advice
If you decide to take the walk to Mykinesholmur, to the lighthouse, make sure you have enough clothes with you, it can... more travel advice
Lunaina's Related Pages
Mykines Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Paradise of Sheep and Birds"
- "The most beautiful day on the Faroe Islands"
- "A Plethora of Puffin!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mykines
- Hotels in Mykines
- Transportation in Mykines
- Restaurants in Mykines
- Warnings and Dangers in Mykines
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mykines
- 9 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Mykines?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mykines
Photos in MykinesSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 25 reviews, 88 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 17 reviews, 74 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Mykines Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Don Khong 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Ayr 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Tunis 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Phnom Penh 4 reviews, 16 photos