"The most beautiful day on the Faroe Islands" Mykines by Lunaina

Mykines Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 105 photos

We visited Mykines on our third day of our Faroe Islands trip. It was the best day we had. First we took the helicopter from Vagar Airport to the Mykines. There we started a steep walk up the hill and then had a nice climb on top to find many many birds, soooo many puffins, I did'nt expect to see so much birds!! Wow. It was a great walk, going up and down, all the way to the lighthouse on Mykinesholmur, but it was great!! Afterwards we went back in town, had something to eat at the cosy Kristianshus, looked around in town... and took the ferry back to Sorvagur. A great day!!!

• Last visit to Mykines: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 8, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Thanks for the tour on what looks to be an island with some pretty spectacular scenery and plenty of Birdlife. Love the homes with the grass rooves!

• Redule's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2008 at 12:18 AM

What a wonderful island! as well as the page :)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Such an interesting off the beaten path place! I can imagine what great views you could see from the helicopter. Thanks Roel for the virtual tour!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Puffin watching... sounds like a lot of fun. A great page.

• GopalBasyal's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 12:09 AM

Thanks ! I appriciate you..

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2007 at 3:11 PM

Ah, I have already read Mark#s (travelfrosch) page about Mykines - and now you have also been there :-)) Adorable place - I just love puffins - lucky you :-))

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2007 at 3:02 PM

What a lovely place and such great views. Your pics are excellent. Thanks for visiting my Toledo pages.

• josephescu's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2007 at 12:47 AM

10x for visiting by my pages, drop a line should you come close. Faroe Islands look great through your eyes….may I pester with questions you after you return from China?

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2007 at 9:30 AM

wow, what a great landscape and great hikings on this island !

• Homanded's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2007 at 7:12 AM

hahahahaha! me too! I keep gravitating towards the red ones though..for some reason! Thanks, the house is coming along.

Lunaina

“experience the world!”

Badges & Stats in Mykines

Have you been to Mykines?

Latest Activity in Mykines