"Nebraska City, Nebraska" Nebraska City by DrewV
Nebraska City Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 10 photos
<p align=center><font face=verdana size=+1><b>Nebraska City -- Quite the Arboretum</font></b></p>
<font face=verdana>The above building is the oldest public building in Nebraska. How do I know this, you ask? Because the sign says so. And because I was there, in Nebraska City, in beautiful Otoe County, and I only missed Arbor Day by a week. Blast. You see, Nebraska City, a little hamlet on the bluffs overlooking the Missouri River, is the home of <b><font size=+1 color=green>Arbor Day</font></b><font face=verdana>.
You heard me... Arbor Day. That most American of holidays, which celebrates the natural beauty and happiness of trees. I'm not sure which Nebraska Citian decided to make a holiday about planting trees, but it was a brilliant decision. What a holiday! I'm being serious, y'all. I've seen too much deforestation in my time (Check out my Atlanta page for details). It's refreshing to see a town that celebrates its trees. So three cheers for Nebraska City! I'm sorry I only spent ten minutes there. I had a tasty breakfast, though...</font>
You might not think that the streets of Nebraska City are much to sneeze at. After all, the town only has 7,700... more travel advice
DrewV's Related Pages
Nebraska City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nebraska City, Nebraska"
- "brdwtchr's new Nebraska City Page"
- "Nebraska City"
- "Home of Arbor Day"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nebraska City
- Hotels in Nebraska City
- Restaurants in Nebraska City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nebraska City
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Nebraska City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nebraska City
Photos in Nebraska CitySee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 41 reviews, 37 photos
- Prague Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos, 6 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phnom Penh Intro, 22 reviews, 17 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues