"Nebraska City, Nebraska" Nebraska City by DrewV

Nebraska City Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 10 photos

<p align=center><font face=verdana size=+1><b>Nebraska City -- Quite the Arboretum</font></b></p>

<font face=verdana>The above building is the oldest public building in Nebraska. How do I know this, you ask? Because the sign says so. And because I was there, in Nebraska City, in beautiful Otoe County, and I only missed Arbor Day by a week. Blast. You see, Nebraska City, a little hamlet on the bluffs overlooking the Missouri River, is the home of <b><font size=+1 color=green>Arbor Day</font></b><font face=verdana>.

You heard me... Arbor Day. That most American of holidays, which celebrates the natural beauty and happiness of trees. I'm not sure which Nebraska Citian decided to make a holiday about planting trees, but it was a brilliant decision. What a holiday! I'm being serious, y'all. I've seen too much deforestation in my time (Check out my Atlanta page for details). It's refreshing to see a town that celebrates its trees. So three cheers for Nebraska City! I'm sorry I only spent ten minutes there. I had a tasty breakfast, though...</font>

• Intro Written Aug 10, 2001

Comments

Badges & Stats in Nebraska City

Have you been to Nebraska City?

Photos in Nebraska City