"Sevilla, Andalucía" Sevilla by DrewV
Sevilla Travel Guide: 2,292 reviews and 5,951 photos
<font face=verdana size =+1 color=orange><b><p align=center>Sevilla -- A Little Piece of Heaven</b></p></font>
<font face=verdana>Ah, Sevilla... The French have a term for embracing the beauty of life and sipping the sweet nectar of human existence: <i>joie de vivre</i>. While one might suppose that the French invented this concept, they clearly have not perfected it.
That honour goes to the Sevillanos. Perhaps <i>joie de vivre</i> should be in Spanish. I have never before seen a city so consumed with enjoying itself. And not in a slimy, Vegas sort of way, either. The Sevillanos live for life's sake, and when you visit, you cannot help but be swept up in the revelry.
First of all, the town is simply gorgeous, with orange and plam trees lining happy little streets, beautiful Spanish colonial churches and halls, fabulous barrios, pristine, fragrant gardens, and most of all, the cathedral and alcazar, whose simple majesty crown this city as Spain's emotional, if not political, capital.
Second, the people are so gosh-darn friendly! I had come to Sevilla from Madrid, where friendliness was not so evident. Sevilla offered quite a distinction. You could see people smile. They want to share their <i>joie de vivre</i> with you, the traveler. So let them!
Dance, sing, drink, eat, and enjoy the life that you have been given. God bless Sevilla. Now, I just have to get back.
By the way, be a dear and check out my travelogues, which have lots of other groovy pictures. Read the front page first, of course. Muchas gracias!</font>
Just wander through this city and appreciate the beauty of the surroundings. It's really splendid. In particular, go to... more travel advice
The Plaza de Toros de la Real Maestranza. AKA the bullring. I, seeking travel 'bargains,' went to Sevilla in the... more travel advice
DrewV's Related Pages
Sevilla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seville, my home town"
- "Keeweechic's Seville"
- " Sevilla tiene un color especial "
- "Sevilla, more moorish then spanish ?"
- ""The Via de la Plata""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sevilla
- Hotels in Sevilla
- Transportation in Sevilla
- Nightlife in Sevilla
- Restaurants in Sevilla
- Shopping in Sevilla
- Warnings and Dangers in Sevilla
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sevilla
- 11 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Sevilla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sevilla
Photos in SevillaSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 41 reviews, 37 photos
- Prague Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos, 6 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phnom Penh Intro, 22 reviews, 17 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues