"The glorious capital of Scotland" Edinburgh by ange_famine
Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,449 reviews and 6,943 photos
Stepping out of the train in Edinburgh takes you back a good century. The city centre is magnificent, with a truly refined architecture that elevates it to the rank of one of the most beautiful cultural capital of Europe.
Princes Street and the Royal Mile, leading to the Castle, as well as the University just behind it (remember Journey to the Centre of the Earth?) will give you a good feel of what the City can offer...yet you are far from having seen it all.
Museums! Be sure to visit at least the Museum of Scotland, next to the University. The National Gallery in the gardens is also a must.
Historical sites! From the Castle to Rosslyn Chapel to the tomb of Adam Smith via Mary King's Close.
Restaurants! Haggis and whisky.
Tourist traps! Take a picture with William Wallace on the Royal Mile and he'll offer you a cheeky postcard of himself.
- Pros:Stunning, culturally rich
- Cons:Posh, touristy
Please come and visit the Edinburgh zoo. It is a perfect way to spend a sunny Saturday and support the work they do to... more travel advice
This restaurant is situated downstairs at the Scotch Whisky Experience on the Royal Mile, literally one minute from the... more travel advice
ange_famine's Related Pages
Edinburgh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edinburgh Travel - A Special City - A Special View"
- "Scotland's Capital City"
- "Embra - Scotlands Capital City"
- "A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife"
- "Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland"
- "Opera and Graduation in Edinburgh"
- "The highs and lows of the 7 hills..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edinburgh
- Hotels in Edinburgh
- Transportation in Edinburgh
- Nightlife in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Shopping in Edinburgh
- Warnings and Dangers in Edinburgh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edinburgh
- 5 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Edinburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edinburgh
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Intro, 33 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glasgow Intro, 21 reviews
- Bergen 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Oslo Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Loch Ness Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oban Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Scotland Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Perth Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inverness 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.