"My home town" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice by ange_famine
Nice Travel Guide: 1,788 reviews and 3,840 photos
I remember a bit of bar-room philosophizing that went like: "Pfff! Every day is the same now that the road works are over...".
Our streets are now being destructed, digged in, rebuilt, implanted with rails, for our mayor has decided to give us a tramway.
Why not a subway?
Because a river and an extraordinary number of tunnels run inder the town.
A most famous case of bank thefth happened in July 1976, when Albert Spaggiari and his gang used one of these tunnels to break into a bank.
They took 50 million francs and wrote on the wall before leaving: "Neither hatred, nor violence - no weapons".
Several tunnels entrances are supposed to be hidden around the Vieux-Nice.
This adventure was pictured by José Giovanni in his 2004 movie "Les Egoûts du Paradis".
Who wouldn't love that pretty sight from the Chateau Hill?
Those beautiful, strong (yet not clashing) colours. Those flat red roofs. Those hills surrounding the city. I must admit that the mere location, the beauty of nature is always an enchantment to me when I go back home on holidays. I could lose hours looking at the hills and valleys and the houses and trees clinging on the side of them.
Les Arenes de Cimiez, along with the Roman heritage museum flanking them, are probably THE sight to see in Nice.
The May festival is held there every Sunday, with a display of traditional dancing, a choice of food (socca, pan bagnat) and a bal.
Throughout the week, it stays relatively quiet, and you can admire what looks like a see of Olive trees.
The Museum was opened in 1976 on the site of an excavation that made history: 400 000 years ago, Terra Amata was a beach... more travel advice
You need to know that this fountain (or absence of) has created a lot of debate lately. When I was a kid, of course the... more travel advice
- See All Your local brasserie
- L'orchestre d'harmonie de Nice
- See All So you think you're a real Nissart?
- Lifts to the Chateau
ange_famine's Related Pages
Nice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice Life"
- "Nissa La Bella"
- "Nice - Cote d'Azur, South of France"
- "My Nice webpage"
- "My home town"
- "Nice - Gem on the French Riviera"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nice
- Hotels in Nice
- Transportation in Nice
- Nightlife in Nice
- Restaurants in Nice
- Shopping in Nice
- Warnings and Dangers in Nice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nice
- 33 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nice
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Intro, 33 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glasgow Intro, 21 reviews
- Bergen 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Oslo Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Loch Ness Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oban Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Scotland Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Perth Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inverness 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.