"My home town" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice by ange_famine

Nice Travel Guide: 1,788 reviews and 3,840 photos

The brand new tramway

I remember a bit of bar-room philosophizing that went like: "Pfff! Every day is the same now that the road works are over...".
Our streets are now being destructed, digged in, rebuilt, implanted with rails, for our mayor has decided to give us a tramway.
Why not a subway?
Because a river and an extraordinary number of tunnels run inder the town.
A most famous case of bank thefth happened in July 1976, when Albert Spaggiari and his gang used one of these tunnels to break into a bank.
They took 50 million francs and wrote on the wall before leaving: "Neither hatred, nor violence - no weapons".
Several tunnels entrances are supposed to be hidden around the Vieux-Nice.
This adventure was pictured by José Giovanni in his 2004 movie "Les Egoûts du Paradis".

Wonderful colours

Who wouldn't love that pretty sight from the Chateau Hill?
Those beautiful, strong (yet not clashing) colours. Those flat red roofs. Those hills surrounding the city. I must admit that the mere location, the beauty of nature is always an enchantment to me when I go back home on holidays. I could lose hours looking at the hills and valleys and the houses and trees clinging on the side of them.

Cimiez

Les Arenes de Cimiez, along with the Roman heritage museum flanking them, are probably THE sight to see in Nice.
The May festival is held there every Sunday, with a display of traditional dancing, a choice of food (socca, pan bagnat) and a bal.
Throughout the week, it stays relatively quiet, and you can admire what looks like a see of Olive trees.

• Intro Updated May 9, 2008

ange_famine Lives Here!

ange_famine

“There was the Door to which I found no Key - There was the Veil through which I might not see”

Badges & Stats in Nice