"Monterosso al Mare - our starting point" Monterosso al Mare by sikorka

Monterosso al Mare Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 622 photos

I need to say that I have never heard about Cinque Terre while I was living in Poland. Even as a student I came to Italy three times and spent a week with Italian family nobody never mentioned this part of Italy. I feel like Cinque Terre is better known by Americans than by Italians.
Anyway, finally while living in the US I found out about it and I really wanted to visit this part of Italy. Frankly speaking I was a bit afraid that it would be very touristy, even Americanized. I was wrong. Cinque Terre is so Italian, beautiful and captivating. I believe that there is no person who does not feel great there.

Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre towns: Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore. All of them are magnificent, but my favorite is Vernazza!

The view from the ferry

The best view of all five towns you can get from a ferry. Do not hesitate, buy a day ticket and get on a ferry to have a wonderful day!

• Pros:Mountains and the sea, this is a perfect combination
  • Cons:Too many tourists during some periods of the year
  • In a nutshell:Once you go there you will want to come back soon
  • Last visit to Monterosso al Mare: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated May 7, 2008

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2010 at 1:38 AM

I have to visit the Five Lands one day. Ciao!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2008 at 3:46 AM

We loved Cinque Terre and did the hikes, took the boat there, and found the area just breathtaking. Portovenere was, indeed, lovely. Beautiful photographs. The little apartment looks and sounds marvelous.

sikorka

“Enjoy what you have!”

Badges & Stats in Monterosso al Mare

Have you been to Monterosso al Mare?

Friends