"KAIROUAN-Sacred city" Top 5 Page for this destination Kairouan by anaochiana
Kairouan Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 457 photos
Kairouan is the most religious city of Tunisia-the pilgrimage to Mecca can be replaced with 4 (or 7 ) pilgrimages to Kairouan..
This city was at the crossroads of important caravan routes ( the name 'kairouan' means 'caravane' )
The legend says that a spring appeared in front of Oqba Ibn Nafi and the city became Sacred when he descovered a golden goblet that was lost years before in Mecca...
If u want to read more about it search on www.kairouan.org or search the orient lexicon..
I decided to visit this city after I ve seen some pictures of Kairouan on vt and I m happy i did it.. :) I hope I ll visit it at least 3 more times...
- Pros:architecture, traditions, culture, religion..
- Cons:hot sun...
- In a nutshell:If u visit Tunisia dont miss this city..
anaochiana's Related Pages
Kairouan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tunisia's Religious Centre"
- "Kairouan, the Holy City"
- "A city of mosques but also much more..."
- "KAIROUAN-Sacred city"
- "Kairouan: the 4th Holiest Muslim City"
- "My favourite city, full of culture!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kairouan
- Hotels in Kairouan
- Transportation in Kairouan
- Nightlife in Kairouan
- Restaurants in Kairouan
- Shopping in Kairouan
- Warnings and Dangers in Kairouan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kairouan
- 7 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kairouan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kairouan
Photos in KairouanSee All Photos (20)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kairouan Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Sousse Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 3 photos
- Rabat Intro, 3 photos
Latest Kairouan hotel reviews
- Hotel La Kasbah
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013