"Spring, Winter, Fall, anytime is a good time" Yellowstone National Park by Segolily
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide: 1,097 reviews and 3,426 photos
We have been to Yellowstone any number of times, we don't have to do the once in a lifetime trip. My first memories of vacations are standing on Fishing Bridge with a pole, and the pot bellied stove in our cabin. We've taken our kids a couple times. Now we visit when we can. Our son lives nearby and one day we decided to do a day trip. We went in West Entrance, turned north at Madison Junction, stopped at Norris Geyser Basin, went east to canyon. We looked and hiked in the Grand Canyon area, then drove down to Old Faithful for dinner and the geyser. It was alot to do in one day but what a nice way to spend it.
Our last trip we met him at Madison and explored the west loop.
Last year we took a winter trip and loved it!! It was a dream of mine for years and it was worth everything it took to come. We will definitely do that again. We spent a fantastic weekend in Yellowstone experiencing the ultimate winter fun. It is another world in the winter and must be seen in order to understand this place. You can only imagine what the animals and plants must deal with in order to survive until you see it personally. Kudos to all those who shared it with us, who live and work and visit this white wonderland.
Don't kid yourself, this is a big park. In our one day trip we only took the southern loop and even without summer traffic we were not even close to getting to see everything. You need a whole day for Old Faithful area and the upper geyser basin there. Another day for the west loop. You need a day or two for the Lake, go fishing, have a boat ride. Then there is the whole northern loop, Mammoth and Lamar Valley. Give yourself lots of time here to enjoy all there is to see in the first, biggest (except some of those in Alaska) of the parks.
In our one day trip we were able to see eagles, and buffalo, buffalo calfs, coyotes, and elk, pelicans and chipmunks. Wildlife is still evident here.
Mammoth is such a great spot. Things have changed and are constantly changing here. The springs move locations leaving... more travel advice
We thoroughly enjoyed the friendly service and great tasting food at the dining room in Mammoth. Maybe it had something... more travel advice
Segolily's Related Pages
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yellowstone National Park, My Neighbor"
- "Incredible Yellowstone National Park"
- "Yellowstone National Park was fantastic"
- "Yellowstone National Park"
- "Yellowstone: Hot springs and shifting landscapes"
- "Yellowstone!.... a dream come true!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yellowstone National Park
- Hotels in Yellowstone National Park
- Transportation in Yellowstone National Park
- Nightlife in Yellowstone National Park
- Restaurants in Yellowstone National Park
- Shopping in Yellowstone National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Yellowstone National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Yellowstone National Park
- 15 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 27 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Yellowstone National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yellowstone National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 72 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salt Lake City Intro, 55 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oregon Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basse-Normandie Intro, 20 reviews, 51 photos
- North Rim Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Garden City Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verdun-sur-Meuse Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
- Capitol Reef National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
Latest Yellowstone National Park hotel reviews
- Grant Village Lodge
- 426 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Lake Yellowstone Hotel
- 853 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Lake Lodge Cabins
- 364 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
- 1055 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Bridge Bay Campground
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 25, 2013
- Dunraven Lodge
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Fishing Bridge RV Park
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
- 167 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Madison Campground
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Canyon Village Campground
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Canyon Lodge and Cabins
- 291 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Old Faithful Inn Hotel
- 1149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Grant Village Campground
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 3, 2013
- Old Faithful Snow Lodge and Cabins
- 638 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Cascade Lodge
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013