"In the middle of the Wyoming" Muddy Gap by Segolily
Muddy Gap Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 7 photos
Muddy Gap itself isn't any more than a gas station and a few homes. But it is the closest thing to the Overland Pioneer Trail and the LDS Mormon trail visitors center near Devil's fort, now known as Martin's Cove. Here you have a chance to walk the trail with a handcart, listen to stories of trial and tragedy. Walk through the cut in the rock known as Devil's gate. Take a drive up to Independence Rock where pioneers by the dozens left their marks carved in the rock.
A notable landmark on the wagon trip west during the westward migration. Most wagon trains camped here on the way across... more travel advice
Segolily's Related Pages
Muddy Gap Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the middle of the Wyoming"
- "Basaic Devil's Gate/Split Rock SHS Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Muddy Gap
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Muddy Gap?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muddy Gap
Photos in Muddy GapSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 72 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salt Lake City Intro, 55 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oregon Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basse-Normandie Intro, 20 reviews, 51 photos
- North Rim Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Garden City Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verdun-sur-Meuse Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
- Capitol Reef National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos